Boys VCCE 2016-2017
Volleyball Canada Centre of Excellence Daytime Program 2016-2017 Training Season
The Volleyball Canada Centre of Excellence at the Richmond Olympic Oval exists to provide top athletes with holistic training in a world class environment, in order to develop athletes at each level, with the best eventually representing Canada.
Who We Are:
The VCCE is an initiative developed through several partnerships including Own the Podium, Provincial Volleyball Associations, College and University Programs (CIS/CCAA), School Districts and High Performance venues such as the Richmond Olympic Oval. We are the flagship VCCE, developing Provincial and National Team athletes since 2011.
Who You Are:
You are a High Performance athlete in grades 8-12, who believes that success is the result of hard work, determination and focused practice. You are willing to sacrifice your time, push through obstacles and go the extra mile to achieve your goals. You know that the weight room is equally as important to your success as what you do on the volleyball court, and you are willing to extend your comfort zone to see results.
What We Do:
- Holistic coaching approach to ensure the best technical, tactical and physical training
nal coaches running skill based, small group training sessions for either 2 or 3 times per week
- Individualized annual training, competition and recovery plan structured by the Head Coach and the Strength and Conditioning Team.
- Comprehensive physical testing including Functional Movement Systems Tests, Concussion Baseline Testing, and regular physical testing that includes agility, jump, strength and power.
- 2 hours per week of individualized weight training in our High Performance Gym Facility, with our strength and conditioning coaches
- Supplemental activities such as, yoga, sports psychology, nutrition, and rowing
- Position specific development
- Video analysis for skill development
- Player development evaluations assisting athletes to continue to strive for their personal excellence
- Biannual Education Nights aimed at increasing you and your parents’ knowledge on key topics such as Post-Secondary Volleyball or Nutrition for the Volleyball Athlete
High Performance Integrated School Model:
Our VCCE is fully integrated with the Richmond Virtual School system (RVS). All athletes in grades 9-12 will be enrolled in the online Physical Education course. This allows our athletes to free up blocks at their home school, and receive 4 credits for the hard work they put in at the Richmond Olympic Oval.
Athletes will complete their technical training and strength and conditioning at the Oval and can receive up to 16 school credits.
Academic credits are obtained through the following activities:
• Sport Specific Training Sessions
• Competition Hours
• Integrated Service Sessions – Nutrition, Sport Psychology, yoga
• Online Course Work
For more information on our Integrated School Model click here.
2016-2017 Training Schedules:
September 12, 2016 – May 12, 2017
- Wednesday : 6:30am – 8:30am
- Fridays: 6:30am – 8:30am
- Full Program Fee $1559+ tax
- Fall Program September – December Fee $795+tax
- Winter Program January – May Fee: $920+tax
- Qualify for PE 10-12 Credits (4 credits)
|Week 1||On Court
|On court and S+C
|Week 2|| On Court
*Athletes who have a set schedule and know they will be continuing after December (January – May) can register and receive a discount off the full program total. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.