Speed Skating Program
Speed Skating Performance
Speed Skate Performance is designed to improve skating efficiency, develop sport specific strengths and support individual training goals. The program is delivered with a consistent daily approach to improving athletic performance. Individual feedback is provided under the direct supervision of the Head Coach, Short Track Legacy Program.
- Supporting the Performance Pathway for BC speed skaters
- Building supportive relationships with BC coaches
- Providing access to an Integrated Support Team (sport medical, nutrition, strength and conditioning, sport psychology)
- Host of the BC Speed Skating Academy Program in partnership with the BC Speed Skating Association
- Partner with Speed Skating Canada
Speed Skating Recruitment
Recruitment opportunities are available to highly motivated athletes 14-17yrs with a strong desire to perform at the National level. Participation in an Open Recruitment session is based on natural athleticism and the current ability to skate fast (hockey or figure skates).
Athletes with high test scores are invited to an on-ice speed skating trial to assess skating aptitude on speed skates. Athletes who score well during the skating aptitude tests are enrolled in an intensive 10 week fast-track training program.
Successful completion of fast-track training earns athletes a spot in the Speed Skate Performance program with the following goals.
- Participation in a high calibre regional speed skating event within 8 months
- Provincial identified skater within 12 months
- National level speed skating competition participant within 18 months
Talk to Coach
Should you have any questions about this or any other speed skating programs, please contact David Morrison directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 604.809.1668