High Performance Coordinator
In this coordinator role, you will be responsible for the high performance program administration!
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Department: High Performance Sports
Direct Supervisor: Program Manager, High Performance Sports
Application Closing Date: December 11, 2016
Anticipated Start Date: January 9, 2017
Number of Positions Available: 1
The Oval High Performance Department delivers integrated sport services to community through to Olympic level athletes. The High Performance Coordinator will report to the Program Manager of High Performance Sports. The key areas of responsibility include program and service administration; business development; client and customer relationship development and maintenance; and financial administration of programs. The ideal candidate has experience in program administration, possesses knowledge of sport and high performance services and demonstrates strong initiative, communication and organizational skills.
Your core responsibilities include,
Program and Service Coordination:
- Responsible for the programming of Oval High Performance sport programs including facility scheduling, coordination of contractor and client schedules and all associated customer service and payment processing
- Responsible for coordination of high performance private sessions, small group, team training and summer camp programming both for court and ice based sports. This includes working with local, provincial and national sport organizations
- Generate proposals for potential clients and prepare service contracts as part of shared business development responsibilities
- Manage the schedules of auxiliary part time and contract coaches
- Enter all programs, registrations and revenue into Oval Registration Management System
- Process client payments including invoicing when required
- Track metrics and prepare information for reports
- Respond to general inquiries from members and public
- Develop, recommend and implement departmental administrative procedures and processes
- Apply performance metrics to High Performance programs and services facilitating evaluation of the offerings by the department manager
- Support the Program Manager of High Performance Sports in the execution of internal and external business development initiatives such as educational based marketing sessions, open houses and presentations to sport association boards. Support includes booking facility space, contributing to the development of presentation materials and coordination of communication
- Ongoing relationship development with Local, Provincial and National Sport Organizations, potential partners and prospective clients in an effort to secure new business and strengthen established relationships
- Assist in facility tours related to high performance business
- Collaborate with fellow Oval employees and contractors on the development of new programming and services based on trends and new business opportunities in the industry
- Provide content for marketing initiatives including social, traditional print, program guides, blogs and web
- Create and post content to social media channels ensuring consistency with Oval brand and high performance vision
- Administrate payroll and compensation for the Oval High Performance Department including but not limited to, hockey contractors, baseball and table tennis coaches
- Generate reports of monthly and quarterly revenues/expenses, program hours and visitation
- Contribute to the development of annual operating and capital budgets. Provide monthly updates and forecasts, contribute to variance reports and creation of purchase orders
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Human Kinetics, Business Administration or a related field
- 2+ years of progressive experience in business operations, administration and marketing
- Must possess existing knowledge of high performance sport including experience working in Sport and/or High Performance
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, communications skills (verbal/written) and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts
- Passionate, optimistic, personal
- Exceptional customer service interaction
- Understanding of the Canadian amateur sport system, funding cycles, the Canadian Sport for Life Model and the connection with local sport programs
- A working knowledge of the inter-relationship between sport and high performance
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong computer skills– including the ability to update websites, experience using programming registration software and Hootsuite Enterprise for social media management
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Successfully complete a criminal record check.
The Richmond Olympic Oval offers a dynamic and exciting work culture with a competitive salary and benefits to the successful candidate. If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!
Please visit the Richmond Olympic Oval Site for other career opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.